I'm fixing a hole where the kids get in and stop their kind from wandering where they

...will go - oh!

I'm plugging a gap in a two skin battered stone wall about 6ft hig where the gate used to be.

I only want to be building to half the wall's thickness to create a alcove and was wondering if there were any structural strengt downsides to doing this (the wall borders the street where the kid play).

The gap is three feet in width.

Any advice/reassurance greatly appreciated

-- Windy Miller

Reply to
Windy Miller

Drill a few holes into the existing stonework joints and insert some re-bar to make it more stable if required.

Reply to
R obbo