I have been told to grow up and act my age (again).

But thats telling porkies. However you can be 20/21 forever by changing the base every couple of years.

Reply to
dennis

*applause*
Reply to
Huge

How so? 19 = x^1 + 9. Easily substitutes correctly for any age over 18 (or else the 9 digit is forbidden)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Aren't the neighbours a bit fed up with the same old music yet?

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Ignore it. Age is just a number, not a state.

That age changes depending on what I am doing.

There is nothing wrong with acting the prat, being a nuisance and generally ignoring authority. I have been told that it it is part of growing up:-)

Yep....Agreed.

Which is why I am 29 and 294 months innit !

Reply to
Nthkentman

It was a woman that told me to grow up. She must have been right as her Mother agreed with her:-)

Reply to
ARW

And did you rise to their expectations?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Only been there once - not at the same time - and they were both younger than me.

Reply to
ARW

It's called neoteny. Allegedly one of the things that distinguishes us from the other animals.

Reply to
Windmill

Not necessarily. You might be counting in Mars/Saturn/Pluto years as required.

Reply to
Windmill

Dogs are the same. Floppy ears only occur in wolf pups. For example.

Dogs are bred to remain puppyish for the whole of their lives.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Alexander Lamaison wrote: I'd rather be a foolish child than a miserable

Of course I was pissed and I cannot be expected to remember every stupid and childish thing I did on Saturday night.

I do remember getting thown out of a pub for doing star jumps on the dance floor (I won that bet) and I know I climbed some up some scaffolding and pretended to be a monkey before I went out (that was to amuse a 10 year old child).

And the other thing she said was "your friends are as daft as you" - well of course they are - that's why they are my friends.

Reply to
ARW

And cats. Grown up wild cats do not meow, only kittens do. They remain in a kitten state when being bred and/or treated as pets. Very interesting documentary about this last year sometime. It also explained how to "horse whisper" by using their horse body language to assert dominance without threatening them in order to revert them to "foal" mode. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

I wish I had seen that one. However

was the first hit on google.

Reply to
ARW

BTW, manis RIP, died a week last tuesday

Reply to
geoff

Sorry to hear that - she was quite a character.

I liked the way you said you did not like her begging for food when your were eating and then gave her a nice tasty morsel from your plate:-).

Reply to
ARW