I have a painting I'm redoing

the canvas size is 30x24 and is mounted on a wooden frame 1/2"x 1.3/4".

I left the painting alone for quite a while and now the the frame has warped at two corners ie if I put it on a flat floor it would not be flat ie two opposite corners would be raised off the floor.

suggestions please to alleviate the warpage?

I was thinking of putting a 1/4"x1/2" frame permanent around the sides and tacking it to the frame,would this pull the warpage back into place?

Reply to
George

I can't see that working . Would it not be simpler just to reframe it? . How did it get warped ?

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

Can't reframe it,not enough canvas on the sides to restretch it to another frame and further to that the portrait of her head,the hair is near to the edge of the canvas. :-(

Warpage probably was due to humid conditions changing in the room it was stored in,plus the frame is made of normal knotty pine.

Reply to
George

Raise the lower ends and weight the raised ends to warp back?

Reply to
EricP

screw and glue it to a plywood board?

Reply to