I don't want to die.

Now a while ago I was on talking about coring a hole for a central heating flu. This was a major job, I had a layer of plaster/brick then around

37inches of sandstone to get through. Now I live on the 1st floor of a traditional tenement in Edinburgh, I know it shouldnt be that thick but it was.

Now I have to core a hole for the extractor fan from my internal kitchen.

I gave it a bash the problem is my ceilings are around 14 feet high, this involves me and the transformer standing on the top of my step ladder holding the drill above my head with both hands and trying to not fall out the window. Its like the opening scene from casualty. My missus took one look at me told me to stop being such a f@*kin tide wad and get a wee manie in to do it.

So does anyone know of a coring company/builder in Edinburgh for this sort of thing ?

Cheers

dd

Reply to
Dave D

Why not get an extension lead and some good quality trade stepladders? Surely a lot cheaper and you have something to show for the effort.

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

Hire yourself a proper stage (small scaffold) to get on top of and an extension lead from the transformer to the drill. Then you have something that will be high enough and wide enough to make yourself safe while pushing against the drill, and because the drill isn't tethered to the transformer by a short flex it's also on the floor out of the way.

You know what the job involves already, so spending a little on proper gear to it safely shouldn't break the bank. I suspect it works out cheaper than getting a little mannie in to do it as well.

Reply to
BigWallop