I don't know what to call these

Reading the thread about compound sliding mitre saws, Roger mills wrote that he mounted his to a piece of kitchen work top. I don't want mine to be mounted with nuts and bolts, but there are over centre levers/fasteners that would allow quick fastening and release. Anyone know where I can find some with about a 10 mm screw thread? Or do I have to make my own?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Have a look here under vices, etc:

you don't see exactly what you want you might get some ideas for making your own. You can also use G-clamps or similar although not strictly quick release.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

The feet of the mitre saw in question have sloping upper surfaces - so it's very difficult clamp it firmly to a surface using G-clamps or similar. You could screw it to a couple of strips of wood, and clamp *those* to a surface with G-clamps or quick-release bar clamps.

Reply to
Roger Mills

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but Screwfix do "Workbench Clamps"

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=17359&searchbutton.x=9&searchbutton.y=12&searchbutton=submit[ Or
] Is that the sort of thing you mean?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Ta for the suggestion - very useful method. Are these the things on this page?

PeterC

I can't comment because the page you reference only shows a nearly blank page. Try a quick browse through vices, etc. as I suggested.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Toggle clamps. Axminster type B are most likely to suit but I doubt they will have a

10mm thread.

try

for industrial sizes clamps that might go up to 10mm

Reply to
Bob Minchin dangling via a don

That's weird, but same here. I looked under vices, then tried clamps and found the over-centre toggle clamps that look very useful for holding things in place.

Reply to
PeterC

One there rated at 250kg! Four of those should hold even an angle grinder.

PeterC

only the 400kg one has M10 thread.

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you can't find that, rather than nuts and bolts, I've used prong-tees and wing-bolts (wing-screws/thumb-screws) to fasten things to my workmate. The prong tees stay attached, and the wing bolts don't take long to twiddle in and tighten.

I got some of them from here , I think.

Reply to
Jon Fairbairn

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=17359&searchbutton.x=9&searchbutton.y=12&searchbutton=submit>

Yes, that's the sort of thing I had in my mind.

Thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave