I doesn't matter!

217 posts which started off topic and slid further down the slope. What a waste of our time, we should be ashamed of ourselves.
Top posters will always top and bottom posters will always complain! It's part of the cycle of cyberlife. Live with it
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

It really does matter. That one thread is allowing everyone to chat openly and have a bit of fun and a break away from the serious questions. I still don't see anyone, new or regular, complaining that they are not still receiving good advice to any of their questions.
Maybe Abdulah had the right idea to start an off topic thread.
Just thinking though. Is this thread on or off topic for the group ?
Oh ! It doesn't matter. :-))
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com
BigWallop wrote:

I said that!
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.
BigWallop wrote:

Since he refers to top/bottom posting I think he meant the (my) thread "[OT] Car insurance craziness"

"parish" <parish_AT_ntlworld.com> wrote in message

openly
still
Gentlemen please, feather dusters at 40 paces at the crack of dawn complete with seconds to resolve the dispute.
I believe that bottom posting is the correct newsgroup etiquette to enable the thread to be easily followed as in theory you read the question/problem before you get to the solution. Whereas top posting means (of course) that you get to read the answer before the question (a bit of the chicken and the egg syndrome - which came first?)
I prefer bottom posting, others prefer top posting but I will not argue with either - because if the question/answer is of interest I will read the full thread - if its of no interest I just ignore it.
And besides, there are more important things to argue about - such as off-topic posting lol.
Bri

Posting off-topic isn't against the charter of this newsgroup so it doesn't matter, top posting is so it does
--
geoff

geoff wrote:

Oh FFS we've done all that. Give it a rest it's boring
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Better get used to it
--
geoff

writes

Yeah like I'm going to worry about that where I'm going,
Chill out you'll live longer
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.

Have fun over there. Personally I prefer the far east, but a job's a job
--
geoff

writes

They weren't offering that. So I will take what I can get.
Via con Dias
Steve R
--
One piece, one button suit, timeless fashion. All made by the same
manufacturer, no designer label, everybody has one.
Mungo wrote:

--
Steve R