I can't lower the seat - it seem to be stuck.

Indeed - it's more of a tartan travel rug than a blanket. ;-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

Not if its against the traffic signals they don't. They often do.

Reply to
dennis

'Waking' no , 'Walking' yes back to the definition of cycist and pedestrian again.

Reply to
Keitht

It is not nonsense. There has been huge debates over this exact subject in the amateur radio world as to whether the use of a fist mic in a car is legal, as an apparent waiver was put in place to cover their use by the likes of taxi drivers. In the course of these debates, there were articles by both a serving police officer and a magistrate in regard of the legality. At around the same time, there was the famous case of "Apple Girl". There is an offence of not being properly in control of the vehicle, and as to when you are and are not properly in control of the vehicle, is determined by any police officer who might encounter you. A fixed penalty notice can, I believe, be issued, and thus, unless you decide to fight it, the courts are not involved in making any judgement in respect of it.

Read properly. I didn't either say, or imply that you had no right to be a road user, divine or otherwise. What I did say was that many cyclists seem to believe that they have a greater 'right' to be there than motorists, and misuse the road, its control systems, and the surrounding area.

Read properly before getting on your high PC horse. I said

"Idiots in invalid carriages tooling down the road ... "

I was not referring to owners of these vehicles who use them in a sensible way on the footpath, but to the idiots - and I use that word meaning exactly that - who drive them on the road with no insurance, weaving about all over the place. Just a couple of weeks ago, the car in front of me came so close to hitting one that just made a turn straight across the front of him, that he very nearly hit a bollard in the centre of the road, by having to swerve violently. I don't care whether the person in it was disabled. That does not excuse him from this inconsiderate and dangerous behaviour.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

In article , dennis@home scribeth thus

You should come to cycle city .. Cambridge here you can see cyclists 'tho I hesitate to call 'em that, go through red lights at every opportunity;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

This much is true.

Anyone has the right to use the highway as a cyclist.

To use the highway as a motorist you need to be licenced, have your vehicle checked annually, after the first three years, and pay additional duty. What is more, motorists may have their licence suspended and, in some cases, their property destroyed if they fail to follow a few simple rules.

Reply to
Tom Crispin