Hydrohead ?

I am fairly aware of placing a piece of cloth under increasing water pressure until it leaks. But son has just bought a tent and in the sales blurb says it is tested to 3,000 hydrohead now I have no idea what units that is or if 3,000 is good bad or indifferent.

Can anyone shed any light.

Reply to
soup

JFGI . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

.

Nthkentman

Could it be 3000mbar

?

Reply to
Old Codger

Sounds like the water equiv. of music power for amplifiers.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Or 3000mmHg ?

Reply to
Graham.

Right idea but surely that would have been hydrargyrum-head?

Hydrohead would be 3000mm of water. A lot more practical for measuring tent fabric.

Reply to
polygonum

In message , Brian Gaff writes

That would be 11,000 then, shirly

Reply to
geoff

Might be logarithmic.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Probably mistranslated from the furrin'.

Reply to
harry

I know about hydrostatic testing. What I want to know is what units.

3,000 Hydrohead is meaningless (and yes that is all it says not a hydrohead of 3,000 units 0r 3,00 units hydrohead or anything like that merely 3,000 hydrohead).
Reply to
soup

It says in the linky that the units are mm of water.

Reply to
GB

Isn't Hydrohead a Marvel superhero?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

No, they're air-heads that like wet, wet, wet

Reply to
geoff