Hybrid Cars

This is sad isn't it. Very sad. He does need attention.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

My God, isn't it terrible. Such stupid senile babble. I blame Thatcher for the likes of him.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So it averages 60 mpg at 100 mph? Do you know what average means? Ask your nurse.

Hint. Hybrid vehicles are less economical at high speeds than conventional ones. Their real advantage is in stop start town traffic. Where you should be on a bus.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

** snip senility **

I wonder if he watched Ballamory this morning.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I think this 130mpg figure comes from "charge batteries (from mains or engine), drive 130 miles, see that you have used 1 gallon of fuel, assume this means 130mpg". What you have actually done is 130 miles-per-(gallon of petrol plus whatever was used to charge the batteries). Not the same.

Reply to
Matt Beard

Err, no. The concept is totally flawed. All it does is move the pollution about. They're certainly no more energy efficient than a small diesel of similar performance.

Reply to
Huge

They are legally proscribed in some States because of the carcinogenicity of the emissions.

Reply to
Huge

The commonest "greenhouse gas".

Where does the hydrogen come from?

Hydrogen is a transport medioum, not a primary fuel.

Reply to
Huge

Yup. This is exactly how it fiddles the combined figure. No-one has ever got near it in practice.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

God forbid.

Reply to
Huge

Including commercial vehicles and trains, etc?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I never said there was any logic to it. We're talking about politicians, remember?

Reply to
Huge

Same with how they fiddle the urban and extra-urban miles in government tests. They always start the tests fully charged.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It would be a virtual one for dribble, though. He's not allowed out of the locked ward.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

YOu show yourself to be resistant to learning. The Prius has a gearbox, Toyota themselves have described it as "CVT".

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hmm, so that's energy density as yet another subject that Drivel doesn't understand.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Pah feeble, when driven under the same conditions as Drivel puts forward for a Prius I have managed to get a reported 99mpg for a supercharged Jaguar over a distance of 30km[1].

[1] From the St Gotthard pass to Chiasso[2]. [2] A quick glance at a map will clarify how this was achieved.
Reply to
Steve Firth

Could you just clarify for me which switch on the DB6 dash disengages traction control?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Do they go to such detail on Dinky toys?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

yep

** snip senile babble **