HW feed to washing machine?

is there any point in having a hot water pipe to the washing machine any more? I gather they dont use that much water nowadays anyway (and can heat the water if necessary), so by the time the water has got from the combi to the washing machine it might already have enough water in it anyway. I remember the machine coming with a y-piece but I just connected the two pipes as we had them already plumbed in. Would I be better off sticking in the Y-piece to connect cold water to both inlets? (I guess this will also have a positive effect on someone using the shower while the washing machine is on?)

cheers

Dave

... and most don't draw hot water unless on the boil wash.

my wife , bless her , starts the m/c on boil wash to draw the hot water from the combi for the 1st fill, aborts the program and switches to a lower temp quicker wash !

Chris

Reply to
Kris

There's probably little in it. If you've got it working one way, stick with it.

Also, it will only draw hot on 60C+ washes. If you only do 40C washes, then it is academic.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Our machine draws hot and cold on all washes, but only hot on 60 or above.

Reply to
hudsterou

Now there's a sophisticated machine!

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I thought that it was standard. Mine does the same thing.

Reply to
Julie
[/i][/color] I thought that it was standard. Mine does the same thing.
Reply to
Paul Barker

The cold supply should turned down using an auto flow regulator Aquaflow supply these . They will go in the end of the hose. Then hot and cold at the same flow.

Reply to
IMM