Huw much will people pay?

look quality differ. I've been told by vegatarians that the fruits and veg = of stalls in my local walthmstow market are better tasting than the polsish= ed and waxed version supermarkets sell in prepacked bags.

ems and throw 80% of it out as I won't eat it all in just one week.

ecause it'll go mouldy....

Freeze half of it.

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

Some people do not have to look at the price.

I have to.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I wasn't thinking of cost, more about the quality. Supermarket veg seems to be almost tasteless and starts to rot almost as soon as you get it home.

d shop sainsbury were doing them for ~65p each,

Fray Bentos pies, =A31 in poundland, =A32.20 in Tesco.

What's the meat content of those shebas, might keep my eyes open for them ;-(

Owain

Reply to
Owain

m and it takes me 1 hour+ to get to the market. Of course I could go saturd= ay morning and give up drinking friday night, :- I tend to get to bed abo= ut 4-5am

What time does the market set up in the morning?

Could you stay awake for another couple of hours, get the shopping at

7am, have breakfast in the market cafe, then go to sleep?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

What does the other stuff in poundland cost?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

whisky-dave wrote: in push chairs probbaly worth the quid to keep thier little brats quite for 5 mins.

What I want to know is what happens to the kids when the pushchairs have quite finished with them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I don't as I do not need to.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Best way, let her decide what you can eat and how much it costs..

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Varies, some things are 25p or 33.3_p each but you have to buy 4 or 3 of them.

Sometimes things are =A31 each or 3 for =A32 etc.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Some things cost 50p, 33.33p, and sub-multiples of £1. What did you think they cost?

Reply to
Fredxx

Best not, not all SWMBOs are as well-behaved with money as Mrs Pounder.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

You are buying it in the wrong supermarket. My local ASDA has better, fresher veg than the local markets. Its also cheaper most of the time.

One thing to remember is to avoid the organic stuff as it sits around longer.

Reply to
dennis

Does she charge a quid?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That isn't my experience. ASDA cucumber don't seem to keep, the toms are softish right off the shelf, peaches are like rocks until about day 5 when they're rotten etc etc. Bananas are very good though. Things like strawberries/blueberries I expect them to start flogging them singly soon else we take the money in a wheelbarrow. AFAICS Tesco fruit/veg is even more expensive.

Reply to
brass monkey

..hasnt been irradiated to kill the bugs. Organic beansprouts killed more people than Fukushima.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah, now that's cheating, TNP:

Number killed at Fukushima: 0 Number injured at Fukushima: 0 Number killed at TMI: 0 Number injured at TMI: 0

There's plenty of industrial accidents that kill numbers of people.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or that there are not two mutually incompatible 3-for-2 offers going side by side, perhaps involving different sorts of the same fruit, just to make it tricky to get right.

#Paul

Reply to
news12paul

In message , tim..... writes

Well, no not necessarily, it will end up getting binned eventually

Reply to
chris French

Fray Bentos pies, £1 in poundland, £2.20 in Tesco.

Tempted by this, offer I bought one.

I thought that there were over-priced at a quid, I'm really surprised that they get repeat sales at 2 quid

tim

Reply to
tim.....