How useful is a hop up?

In message , David WE Roberts writes

I'm 6ft1in & found the larger one meant I had to bend my head over under the average-height ceiling standing on it. Shame, cos I'd've liked the extra length.

Reply to
usenet2012

In that case I need about 400mm, being about 1940 tall. This is the problem that I have: can't usefully work at 2.4m but most boxen etc. are too high. On the subject of robustness, I paid well over twice the price of a cheapy step-ladder for a 3-step Abru that weighs twice as much as the ordinary (and adequate) Abru 5-step one. It's worth it, as it's like atanding on a rock. The platform is big enough for both feet and the tool tray is very useful. Downside: the base is wide and long so there's always some fiddling to get close in - this is where a hop-up would be useful.

Reply to
PeterC

Never easy, is it :-)

Looks like the choice may be the taller one so my Lady Wife can reach the ceiling but I have to hunch a little, or the shorter one where I have to paint the ceilings.

Ah - our average ceiling height is 2500mm. Looks like the taller one.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I've just been repairing and decorating our living room and as the carpet is going and we had one odd dining chair left from the old set, both are liberally coated with both plaster and paint!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW