How to win customers and influence people...

Just had a spam mail from some company I've never heard of using an address used once only suggesting I might like to buy some products. A real quality mail:

"Welcome to the Plumbing Shop Newsletter %First Name%"

So not only have they sent me something that makes me want to not use them as it is illegal unsolicited mail, they can't even run their merge properly. What hope they've send me the stuff I wanted if I did order?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Many years ago, Midland Bank sent out some investment advice to some of its customers. Fortunately not many, just the ones with the highest balances. The mailmerge failed, and they all got sent out with the letter starting: Dear Rich Bastard, .... I had a friend working in the IT department - oh, how the shit hit the fan on that one.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

It was two years before someone noticed that the two line LCD on their telephone flashed up 'Scientists say no to SDI!' every hour, for a second.

No it wasn't me, but I know who done it...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I recall a Marconi demo in Chelmsford of a ship to shore radio setup to some navy top brass... was going well until someone triggered the easter egg on the digital drive radio synth that caused it to play the captain pugwash theme on its internal speaker!

Reply to
John Rumm

Well all I seem to get is some plastic moulding mob in china trying to sell me almost everything. the latest seems to be plastic dustbins...

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff