How to stop someone pinching the wire cutters

the feeling they may not have thought that one through?

Reply to
John Rumm

Yeah, it would be easy for anyone to just take along some wire cutters in their pocket and.... oh, aaahh, mmmm, welllll, doh!

Reply to
Dean Heighington

It'll stop the casual "Oh, dear, I must have left them in my pocket by accident", which is normally all that's needed.

Anyone who wants to steal something like that will find a way, no matter what you do.

Reply to
John Williamson

Maybe the wire is a cleverly disguised twin pair, that when cut, causes a loud alarm to sound.

Reply to
Matty F

I once had to use the toilet in an MOT station ... the key was attached to a 12"x4" piece of plywood ...

Reply to
Jethro

... or raises a shutter releasing a pack of retriever-alsation crosses who chew the thief and retrieve the wirecutters.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I have tied a cord to the toilet brush (and melted the knot so it can't be undone) for a long-drop flushable toilet, to stop people dropping the brush a couple of metres into the black hole.

Reply to
Matty F

If dropped, does it emerge in an alternate universe?

Reply to
Jules Richardson

No, it is just one core.

But it is connected to the mains supply.

Reply to
Onetap

Looks like insulation on the handles to me.

Reply to
Nutkey

That's so the 'management' know who last used it and blocked it by 'pinching off a pipe choker'! Filthy animals... Mechanics :)

Reply to
Dean Heighington

That is what it is meant to look like.

Onetap

Well I don't like what's down there, waiting to pounce:

Matty F

several people every year.

And I just had to put out an ordinary 40mm Tegenaria because my wife wouldn't!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

Fortress near Wellington we would find whole armies of them lurking in the tunnels.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

If one hops on to your toilet paper when you aren't looking, they are rather abrasive. The bodies are 4 inches long and the leg span is 9 inches.

Reply to
Matty F