How to set aerial distribution amp gain?

Yes - as mentioned I think the myriad of aerial configurations in the surrounding area is a hangover from the pre-switchover days when reception was somewhat more difficult.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Might have helped if you had made that a little clearer to start with! ;-)

Would of saved lots of words about overloading amps from strong analogue channels.

Reply to
John Rumm

Apologies, yes, I can see now it wasn't very well worded and could've been misinterpreted. Truth be told, until the resulting discussion I didn't appreciate the significance!

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

howver since these things are pretty wide bad and have no AGC, its possible that anything in the 50Mhz upwards sort of area may upset them, too. which is a lot of mobile comms.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Such as?, one might ask these days other than TETRA perhaps?..

Anyone had instances of GSM base stations causing problems?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Amateur, PMR etc, as I suggested earlier.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

In article , Frank Erskine scribeth thus

PMR these days very few and far between like Amateur round these parts...

Reply to
tony sayer