How to remove moss from roof tiles?

My house has an East-facing ground floor bit that is part flat roof, part pan tiles and quite near a big tree. The moss on it getting quite bad so I'm tempted to get out on the flat bit to "down-slope" pressure wash the tiles (not the flat roof). Is there any other way and, once it's clear, is there any way to slow the moss re-growth?

Reply to
unknown

unknown wrote in news:ao9g1bFl88nU1 @mid.individual.net:

I believe that having a copper wire along the ridge eventually causes the moss to die (Google it).

When in Germany recently I noticed that most houses had slip glazed roof tiles. Different colours - quite attractive.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Copper strip at the top?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Having said that, I have the same issue on my patio, which is basically made of several pieces of concrete. I'm a bit worried if I get it pressure washed all the cement will kind of be torn up as well. I know it can occur with old concrete with large stones in it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

What harm is it doing? Yes, it fills the gutters but on our garage they get full of leaves anyway so ten minutes with a latter and trowel is needed from time to time.

Reply to
Part Timer

Brian

Apparently if you throw the water from your washing up bowl on it this will keep the concrete clean. I have never tried this on our patio as the bloody dog will walk the water into the house. I have however chucked water from the mop bucket onto the drive and it does seem to work.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

On Saturday 16 February 2013 13:31 unknown wrote in uk.d-i-y:

Copper wire?

Reply to
Tim Watts