How to remove brick dust from dG window runner! ?

Had a new d glaze window put in a couple of weeks ago. All is fine except I notice some red brick dust from drilling the walls had been left on the lower steel runner. Tried to wipe it off before any of it found it's way underneath but of course some did. Is there a way to get this stuff out as when I open/close the window I can feel it graunching away... I thought to try 1) flush of the thin film of (probably) oil off the runner using eg fairy liquid. 2) wash with water 3) Dry it as much as possible then try and vacuum it the struff out. If I could get the runner completely off then I could give it a good clean - but am bit reluctant to do that on a new window. I could of course call the installers to come and "fix" it... rather not though

ps the effect is like when get brick dust in a light switch. From then on, it's had it, grunch grunch. (That was before I used plastic bags and masking tape :-) )

Reply to
dave

Call the installers and tell them. I may affect any gurantee if you don't and it's sort of their problem for letting the dust get there or not cleaning it up in the first place.

Stop being so British, complain!

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

vacuum cleaner, compressed air gun, or pressure washer.

Then apply silicone spray...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I asked for that and you are right. However the hassle to arrange for them to come back and for me to be here when they don't turn up etc is just too much trouble at the mo'. Actually - I'd like to fix it myself anyway!

Reply to
dave

A bit like buying a new house. Chances are that the garage door will have been lying on the ground and have sand in the mechanism. The heating will have been filled with gritty water when the mains were first connected, etc

Reply to
John