How to Remove a Cooker Hood

We have a somewhat ancient (likely 15 to 20 years old) Tricity recirculating type cooker hood (60cm) which I need to remove and fit a more recent model. Unfortunately there is no possibility to fit a hood to vent outside.

My problem is I can't see how the existing hood is fixed. The hood is installed between wall cabinets with a cabinet above (all pretty standard). I have removed the filter and all removable panels on the hood but cannot locate any screws that fix it to either the wall or the surrounding cabinets.

By sighting through the small gap between the hood and the cabinet over it looks like there are two screws into the floor of the cabinet over. There is no sight of fixings inside the cabinet over. The location of the screws appears to be at the extreme back of the hood but where I think the screws are located is covered by the hood fan which is not removable, or if it is I'm damned if I can see how.

Unfortunately Tricity doesn't exist or rather is now Tricity-Bendix. I have emailed them for advice but somehow doubt whether they will be much use (perhaps I'll be surprised!). I assume (likely wrongly) that these hoods have a pretty standard installation method, after all there are a limited number of possibilities. Has anyone any experience of removal/installation of these hoods that might give me some insight how this hood is installed so I may remove?

Reply to
Edward W. Thompson

If it is anything like the one I had many moons ago, you'll probably find that the hood is actually 'hooked' over the heads of a couple of screws.

Try lifting the hood 1/2" or so & pull away from the wall. It'll probably be stuck with grease & gunk accumalated over the years.

Don.

Reply to
cerberus