How to prolong the life of your petrol-engined car!

?id=460> > > 56

No, because it's more than likely just a reworking of their article, I think it's call plagiarism at best and down right lies at worse...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

A very confused person who engages in Tomfoolery on a permanenet basis. Sad but true.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

Oh the ignominy of it, being put right by dIMM of all people.

Reply to
Roger

Lets's what Tomfoolery he is putting up now...

A vivid imagination too. He goes on....

..a sort of observation I think...we shall proceed...

...he is confuesd again. I said Atkinson cycle. I will say it again for him. "Atkinson cycle".

...he goes on in an inquiring manner....

From a generator turned by the engine.

..he notes a point...

And that you are, but with the electric transmission and the engine only used at optimum conditions, it overall is 90% les than other filthy cars.

...he is still confused...

No energy is obtained from the national grid.

...now he is philosophical...

Sad isn't it.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

?id=460> > > > 56

You should take it up with the authorities if you think Auto Express is porky telling. If they are prokie telling then we will all like to know. As their figures co-inside with mine I don't think they are telling porkies.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

dIMM never put you right, I put you right as usual.

Are you about to commit suicide too?

to open account

Reply to
IMM

I wouldn't worry. He doesn't actually *have* one. Nor an Aston. He's a spotty no-mates geek with a thing for brochures.

And outside California, the Prius is a pointless heap of junk.

Reply to
Huge

Do have an evidence to support this article of faith?

to open account

Reply to
IMM

I thought it got some of it from regenerative braking ...

.. is if true is free - negative cost really as it saves brake wear.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

It does. mpg is highest around town in stop start driving.

Brakes last a hell of long time in the Prius. One taxi driver has a Mk 1 Prius that has covered over 300,000 km and nothing ever went wrong.

"One Prius was used as a taxi in Vancouver and logged over 300,000 km - until Toyota coaxed the owner to give it back to them for evaluation. Perhaps even Toyota was amazed at the durability of its product, which developed no powertrain or other mechanical problems at all during its long life. "

to open account

Reply to
IMM

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

So 60 mpg is 90% less than dIMMs standard of comparison.

Not many cars around that average 6 mpg. Probably not even as many as average 60 mpg without electric assistance.

Reply to
Roger

The message from "IMM" contains these words:

OK so how does the Atkinson cycle compare to the Carnot cycle?

Or is it more akin to the pedal cycle? :-)

Reply to
Roger

Tom, you should stop this foolery

to open account

Reply to
IMM

Tom, is that so. Mr Foolery, you better tell dIMM.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

In article , IMM writes

John, you are a marketeers dream, I bet you have a house full of gadgets

Reply to
.

Mt Dot, you have the wrong person as usual. You have been taking Tom lessons I'm sure.

to open account

Reply to
IMM

Odd actually - at the wife's last service they asked if she wanted the oil changed. She came out to ask me waiting in my car outside to collect her and got a sharp "I expect them to ****ing do something apart from stamp the service book"

Reply to
Mike

To right you are !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

So you admit that you were just copying the Auto Express article....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Yes you have, the car is far from simple, even Toyota accept that - hence all the retraining that they are funding.

So what is so special about the transmission then if you agree others use and have used it for many years ?...

And I said two stoke engine, face it, you are totally clueless.

I'll say it again, you mean a refined two stroke engine ?....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::