How to order repeat prescriptions?

Anyone know how you order repeat prescriptions online? The last bit of paper I got for ordering has no website address on it like the previous one did, it just says order online. Do I do it from the doc's surgery website, the pharmacy website, or the NHS website? Google didn't help.

It's impossible to order them in person if you're working, as they're all open 9-5!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

Normally the surgery website - assuming that your meds are prescribed by the surgery and the alternative is to go to the surgery and pick up a paper prescription.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David.WE.Roberts

I've done it before, and I thought I used the surgery's website. It's Dr Borland's Medical Practice in Sauchie, Alloa, but I can't find a website for them.

I can't go to the surgery or the pharmacist in person, as I work! I also can't phone the surgery from work!

Reply to
Uncle Peter

It would expect it to be the surgery web site, although you may need them to give you a user name and password to access prescription reordering.

Put it in an envelope marked 'repeat prescription' and drop it through the surgery letterbox. I am a little surprised that the surgery is only open 9-5 though. Mine opens at 8am and, most days, closes at 6pm. There are also Saturday surgeries for those who cannot get in during the week.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Anyone know how you order repeat prescriptions online? The last bit of paper I got for ordering has no website address on it like the previous one did, it just says order online. Do I do it from the doc's surgery website, the pharmacy website, or the NHS website? Google didn't help.

I request mine on the surgery website but had to set up a username and password first.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I just send an email to my Dr. Surgery .... and a separate one to Chemist, Prescription is scribed by Dr., and then collected by chemist, and delivered to my home for free. Also very key, is that all prescriptions are free ......... or do you live in a less socially caring country that makes you pay ?

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I get my prescription through:

but I needed to get apiece of paper from the surgery containing a PIN, practice number, Access ID and (I think) an NHS number. Your GP may not subscribe to this service; give them a ring. I can also use it to book a doctor's appointment so it's worth the trouble if you can do it.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

I can't seem to find their website!

It's in the opposite direction from my work, so 8-5 is no good either. And why should I have to spend time and money driving there?

Nevermind, the pharmacy is being very helpful - I complained to them that their website had a missing page, and they very quickly emailed me with:

Hi I'm sorry, I'm just going to be updating my website at some point soon, but in the meantime if you want to just e-mail me with your repeat prescription requirements then I can sort that out for you. Thanks Mike Hutchison Hutchison Health Care Ltd Clackmannan Pharmacy

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I found that site on google, and my surgery isn't listed.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

This is the sort of thing your surgery should be using

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Order it via the pharmacy and they will collect the script and dispense it for you to collect or have delivered.

Reply to
dennis

Done that now.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I put in requests online to my GP surgery. Supposedly two days later it will be ready to pick up.

My surgery, whilst having pretty short hours, does stay open until 18:00 most weekdays which is just about adequate.

Having been involved several times in trying to get hold of specific medicines when they have been in short supply, I would rather avoid anything that sends them directly to pharmacies. I want to have the choice of trying every pharmacy in the country - and some abroad - if needed.

Another alternative that might work for some is to post it (either through PO or directly through letterbox) enclosing an SAE. Should arrive a few days later.

What I would like is online ordering with postal delivery of the paper prescription. (Or, maybe when it has been "invented", by email - like many travel tickets.)

Reply to
polygonum

Many pharmacists will handle them for you... tell em what you need, and they will get the relevant paperwork from the quack etc.

Reply to
John Rumm

Why can't the paper prescription be with the tablets?

Reply to
Uncle Peter

I wonder how long I'll get away with my "overdue review".

Reply to
Uncle Peter

The pharmacy is obliged by law to retain the dispensed prescription.

Reply to
Bob Henson

In our surgery - you won't. No review, no prescription - which is as it should be.

Reply to
Bob Henson

They keep one copy. I assume the above was referring to the bit I get that I return to the doctor/pharmacist when I want another lot. The bit the pharmacists keeps will be printed at the pharmacy and kept there.

Reply to
Uncle Peter

No it shouldn't. If I want a review I'll ask for one. My tablets are for high blood pressure, and I have my own blood pressure meter.

Reply to
Uncle Peter