How to mend edge of concrete on front of garage floor?

Hi,

I have a bit of concrete broken away from the front edge of my garage floor and have tried to repair it using a strong cement mix and using pva on the old concrete and in the mix. Even after leaving it to get hard (+ 7 days) the car tyres still manage to break the edge off again.

Any advice appreciated (other than re-laying the floor!).

Thanks

Reply to
Peter Hemmings

Would it be possible to chamfer or round off the edge with a grinder? or you could fit a length of angle iron or something similar to reinforce the edge

Reply to
andrewd909

Or grind out a larger section and then replace. Use concrete hardener in the mix or even try one of those fast setting concrete mixes for fence posts.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

How about drilling to put some plugs and screws into the damaged area before repairing, use long screws and leave the heads sticking out to provide a key between the old and the new, maybe also screw some expanded metal mesh firmly to the damaged area.

Reply to
Rednadnerb

Try an epoxy concrete repair product like this

cheap, but almost bomb proof.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman