how to hang a mirror with a downward slant

i have a mirror about 50" wide x 34" tall, and would like to hang it with a slight downward slant...meaning, the top probably needs to be suspended by wire as the mirror only makes contact with the wall at the bottom. I have seen this done mostly at some bars and restaurants where a large mirror is hung above the bar area so that patrons can look up and see themselves when sitting at the bar. How can I do this safely? I have fear of it falling off the wall (as it is in a downward falling position). thanks!

Reply to
tsuicynthia

depends upon the angle you can nail 2 pins at the top corners on the back of the frame to lift it from the wall hang on wire in the normal way We used to do all 4 corners for a better effect in pubs.[1] [1] until we had to screw them to the wall cos they got nicked all the time.

Reply to
Vass

You haven't told us if this is simply a sheet of mirrored glass or a framed mirror.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

If it is a framed mirror, then screw eyelets into the back of the frame about a third of the way down. Use strong hanging wire through these and you will get a natural tilt down. The length of the eyelet will dictate how much angle you get.

If it is a non framed mirror, then I would fix spacer blocks to the wall at the top, fix a thin sheet of ply in place to the blocks and to the wall at the bottom, and then glue the mirror with suitable mirror glue or silicone sealant to the ply.

Reply to
John Rumm