How to grout mosaic tiles

I'm trying to imagine an alternative that is feasible. You wipe the grout on with a trowel and then wipe it back off for use on the next bit.

I have never used one but a rubber trowel, or just a piece of rubber does it in the one stroke.

How do you normally go about it? If you feel a bit sheepish about it, e-mail me. I have GOT to know.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

I didn't use epoxy fgrout.

Just slapped it all over. scaroed off the worse with ribber blade, sponged off teh rest, amd used a little limescale remover to clear the rest.

I hate grouting. Not getting it in teh carcks, getting it of the toiles. Hours of payrent wipe-rinse-squeeze-wipe-rinse-squeeze operations. Never do more than one wipe of the sponge befor rinsing, and never assume dried grout can be removed later, either.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A rough translation:

I did not use epoxy effing grout.

Reply to
Michael McNeil
[29 lines snipped]

You would appear to be me, at least in this respect.

Reply to
Huge

I did, only once !!!. Never again.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

Re-post due to my PC clock being 2 days slow! What is the most efficient method of grouting mosaic tiles? I have considered one of the cartridge type plungers but they seem expensive unless they really speed up the job -- will they take epoxy grout? I imagine the standard method is to 'float' grout right over the area and then wipe off the tile surfaces but with epoxy grout that seems a bit wasteful. thanks for ideas, Richard

-- Any help TIA Please reply to Newsgroup scrambled address

Reply to
mutley