How to get the key out of a Worcester Bosch Combi?

I have a pretty new Worcester Bosch Combi 27Cdi, and the plastic key used to lock and unlock the link cannot be removed from the unlock position. As it is plastic, and the fitting is plastic, I am reluctant to apply to much force!! At the moment it is left in, just turned to the unlocked position, and I don't suppose it will do any harm that way, but how can it be removed please?

Reply to
Paul

Donno. Maybe it's designed that way? Will it come out in the lock position?

Reply to
Roger Mills

If it's like my 24i junior, it need a good shove to get it in, and a good tug to get it out. IIRC there's a black seal about halfway that's a very tight fit

Reply to
Stuart Noble

look on the bright side - at least you won't lose it before you need it next time

Reply to
cynic

Yes, it did need a good shove to get in, and i did note the two 'O' rings - maybe I just need to work at it....

Reply to
Paul

LOL, true

Reply to
Paul

When the weather gets warmer maybe....

Reply to
Stuart Noble

on 08/01/2010, Paul supposed :

They need quite good pull, to get them out. Pull down hard, whilst turning it and you should feel it drop into the exit slot. Then it just needs a good pull.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Pull hard

Reply to
YAPH

If it is in the unlocked position just pull it out. There is an O ring seal that will resist but then it should pop out.

Reply to
djc

In article , Paul writes

Mine (a WB Greenstar Junior 28) does allow the plastic key to be pulled out. It has two O-rings on the shaft which make it difficult to pull out. (does yours go in the bottom of the boiler, pointing down?)

You could do worse than check with WB technical. They have been friendly and helpful on the two occasions that I've called with a query.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Thanks, mine is the same - I managed to remove it now with tenacity, determination and patience.

Reply to
Paul

How go get key out of woschester boiler

Reply to
lyndahargreaves1508

Why are so many people unable to properly phrase a question in clear and polite English?

No "please" or "hi folks". No mention of what this key actually looks like or roughly which Worcester Bosch boiler this is...

Reply to
Tim Watts

Easy. Check boiler model number. Download instructions from net. Read instructions. Remove key.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Tch, angle grinder of course.

Reply to
Chris French

On 15 Feb 2015, Tim+ grunted:

ITYM:

Esy. Chek boiler number model. Downlode instrcshunst frm net. Red inchtrucktions. Remo key

Reply to
Lobster

As we are onto angle grinder I expect others saw and and lots know but there was a program on TV where they used angle grinders to cut the toe nails of llamas. How versatile the angle grinder is!

Reply to
Broadback

The Waschester is an interesting device. Made in 1970 it was ahead of its time and incorporated features taken from the Hoover Keymatic. Inserting the correct key set it to wash socks, underwear or small dogs as well as providing luke warm water to the radiators. The key used for programming was prone to insertion errors and to remove it when stuck you opened the frogseiner, inserted a wollycobler and twisted the grubteir until it clicked. If that failed you wellied it with a Birmingham Screwdriver.

Reply to
Peter Parry

On mine you push the key upwards, then half a turn anti clockwise and pull it out. A bit stiff as I recall.

Reply to
stuart noble