how to get oblong nails out of old floorboards?

Or try hammering them into a really hard, juicy pitch pine board, and they bend anyway ;-)

Cheers Richard

Reply to
geraldthehamster

Thanks everyone for the tips, I'm using a smaller hammer with lighter hits, and a combination of your techniques.

The one thing that didnt work was hammering the nails down before lifting a board, the board split halfway down where the head of the nail had got to.

[g]
Reply to
george [dicegeorge]

Given the head shape of these sort of nails that's what I would expect as part of the head has to force it's own way through the wood ...hence the splitting . It's not like a normal nail where the head follows the shank

Usenet Nutter