How to get discounts at B&Q (2%) and Halfords (4.5%) indefinitely!

...by becoming a free 'Quidco' member, if you aren't one already.

As well as their fairly well-known online shopping cashback scheme, they also have an 'in-store' scheme with several retailers, whereby you register your credit card number with them and then each time that card is used in that shop, it simply triggers a cashback payment to your quidco account. Not a very long list of retailers as yet, but it does include Cineworld, Halfords, Little Chef, Blockbuster and very recently, B&Q. As I spend a fair amount in B&Q that's very welcome news for me!

(FYI cashbacks are usually much higher for online purchases but you do need to remember to access the site through Quidco. They also deduct the first 5 GBP you earn each year as a fee (only if you earn it) - and that's very quickly made up.)

If anybody decides to sign up on the strength of this - suggest you use the following affiliate link, which will pay you 1.00 GBP (and me 1.50 GBP as a thank you!)(as opposed to 0 GBP for each of us if you go direct to the site instead):

Lobster

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lobster saying something like:

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Thanks for the heads-up David. I'm a long standing member of Quidco and earn hundreds every year however I've never found the in-store retailer list much use to me, mainly given how much of my shopping is online... A significant exception is DIY-related materials and I didn't realise B&Q were on there so I'll certainly be going for that.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

I get discounts off the trade prices for the stuff B&Q sell retail and a chap I know gets me stuff from Halfords at something like 25% off.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I've got a Halford's trade card and some of the discounts are large. But don't appear to be a fixed percentage.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The affiliate scheme pays 2.50 for each referral and it's up to the account holder to apportion that sum between themselves and the newbie however they see fit... originally I was going to put a link in to generate just 2.50 for me; but thought I'd avoid accusations of spamming by paying the newbie, thereby making it beneficial for him/her to use the referral link rather than going direct. Obviously I thought wrong!! ;-)

Reply to
Lobster

No - you just didn't think - "ah grimly " ...

Reply to
geoff

Yep that's what I thought when I got to that bit.

The spamming aspect would have been mitigated by giving all the =A32.50 to the newbie or 50p to yourself and =A32.00 to the newbie. I certainly won't be following the referal link with more going to you than me and I may well sign up.

How long does it take from registering a card to a store does it take for the in store cashback to be active? I'm off to B&Q later this morning, I'm already a Quidco member.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Don't see why you object to the principle that I should benefit in a small way from imparting the information, particularly as the newbie benefits anyway. And it's not as if I spammed umpteen ngs in a bid to get referrals; as you're surely aware, I've been hanging around this ng for years and thought the info might be useful to others when I found out about it yesterday, and just added the link (completely openly) as an afterthought.

I think that's what my grandmother would have called 'cutting off your nose to spite your face' (though FWIW the referral is for joining Quidco, not the 'in-store' bit).

I'm not telling. ;-)

David

Reply to
Lobster

I have no problem with this. In fact I just signed up! Thanks...

I know now, and I'm not telling either! .-)

Reply to
Bob Eager

Whatever. For anyone who's not a member of Quidco, it's well worthwhile. It's also worth noting that ebay "Buy It Now" attracts a discount as do Marks & Sparks online orders -- and their online range is much wider than you'll find in even the large M & S stores.

For a measly =A3 per year charge out of whatever sums come in, Quidco is a very good deal.

John

Reply to
John MacLeod

So does any ebay purchase, actually - the quidco kickback is a % of the ebay revenue from the sale. Seems to work out at typically 2-4% of the purchase/'winning' price paid. You need to log in to ebay via quidco when you pay for the item (ie not when you're bidding on it)

David

Reply to
Lobster

TopCashBack don't do the in-store credit card cashback but they generally do the same online offers as Quidco with, quite often, better cashback.

gets both of us £2.50 if you use it to sign up.

TopCashBack don't do the in-store credit card cashback but they generally do the same online offers as Quidco with, quite often, better cashback.

gets both of us £2.50 if you use it to sign up.

Oh, and there's no £5 annual fee with TopCashBack.

Yep I'm a member of that one too. Don't think it's as wide a coverage as quidco though (eg doesn't do B&Q which was the original reason for starting this thread) which is why I tend to use quidco by default.

If you look at

(or you'll find a cashback site comparison tool which is worth a look.

Best cashbacks from wherever tend to be for the likes of mobile phone contracts, insurance policies and utilty contracts; often into the

50-100 GBP bracket.
Reply to
Lobster