How to get cable through an insulated cavity

Does anyone have the faintest idea how to do this? My old house has solid internal walls and the cavities have been insulated. My electrician was going to run a new 10 sq mm cable through the cavity to supply my new electric shower. How are you going to get it past the cavity insulation I asked. "Oh cripes, I have never done that before.", came the reply. I can't think of an easy way to do it either can you? Rich Bates

Reply to
Richard Bates

Drill a hole through it - isn't it just foam?

Or do you mean down the cavity?

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Well it's not good practice to run cables through an insulated cavity, so I would look for another route and leave the cavity alone.

John

Reply to
John White

Well he will have to derate the cable if he runs it down the cavity through the insulation, for a start.

Dave

Reply to
gort

Reply to