How to get a perfect finish on a worktop

I've just had a fitter put in Bushboard Encore "Black Sparkle" compression moulded acrylic worktops. He's done a good job, but around the sink there are very slightly lighter patches that he can't get out, though he swears he's following the manufacturer's instructions and using 1200 paper. When he comes back off holiday, he says he's going to get some "Magic Polish" from John Lewis (which I can't find on their website) or get in the manufacturers, but while he's away, I'd welcome any advice on how to get a perfect finish. Thanks, |P

Reply to
goodolpete

I suppose the obvious question are why the patches are lighter around the sink, and why abrasion was considered the cure. Did he use some kind of sealant that has penetrated the surface? IME, even 1200 grit, will change the texture and hence the light reflection, making it appear paler. I think you need to apply something that reflects as much light as the original surface. Some sort of car polish maybe?

Reply to
stuart noble

Angle grinder.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Its sounds as if at this stage you ought to leave well alone. The last thing you want to do is give possible cause for the fitter to say its your fault that he can't now fix it.

Reply to
John Rumm