How to fix hole in floor?

I took off my floor board in my kitchen and I uncovered a big hole/ crack in the middle of kitchen floor. They are a couple poles in the floor part on the concrete flooring. Is this something to worry about? How can I fix the hole in the floor? Will cement be appropriate? If so what type of cement is appropriate for a floor? What the procedure for fixing the problem.?

Additional Details

1) Is it a concrete floor that you are worried about? Yes partially.

2) Is it a hole or a crack? A hole

3) Is the kitchen on a ground floor with a solid floor underneath or on a higher floor with rooms underneath? The kitchen is on a ground floor with a solid floor underneath.
Reply to
trevor_obba

If the hole's an inch or more across & deep, a 3:1 sand:cement mix should fill it fine. Much smaller hole and the mix may break up.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

the hole is 500mm x 600mm in size but 100mm dip. the damp proof course (DPC) is damaged. the DPC is in form of plastic. can you please give me advise of how to fix the problem.

Reply to
trevor_obba

Any idea what caused it?

Is the hole causing any problems, i.e. why are you wanting to fix it?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

no, the hole is not causing any problem. it just ugly to look at and to preventing it causing any further problem.

Reply to
trevor_obba

,

stick a plastic bag and some silicone in the bottom, and fill it with sand and cement.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher