How to fit greenhouse 'W' clips?

Hi

I need to fit two new glass panels in an aluminium greenhouse. The other panels are fitted using "W" clips. I have bought new W clips but am bewildered how to fit them. Does anyone have any tips please?

David

Reply to
DavidA

The "leg" of each W hooks under the frame edge and the lower section sits alongside the glass to hold it down.

3 per side usually suffices
Reply to
Me Here

Thanks, but how do you push the glass and clips back into the frame while holding all the clips in position?

Reply to
DavidA

I know you're not avin a larf, because these things are indeed mysterious.

He meant: you put the glass in position in the frame. *Then* you hook each leg under the frame edge, in such a way that the "lower section" is pressed against the top surface of the glass -- the points of the W prongs push against the frame, and the W lower/flat section presses against the glass.

Sounds simple as I describe it there (OK - no it doesn't), but in fact I usually have to try it 3 or 4 times before I work out the technique. It

*is* a technique, and it's bloody simple ... once you remember what it is.

hth John

Reply to
John L

Wot e said....

Put glass in frame. Put 1 leg of end of W up under the frame Align bottom of W onto glass Spring other leg of W up under frame C'est Voila etc etc Mon Cherie....

Reply to
Me Here

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

least twice for the same W), namely "get it the wrong way round".

Thanks Si/Mungo

John

Reply to
John L

Thank you all very much for your replies. I'll have a go next weekend! This newsgroup is a great place for help.

David

Reply to
DavidA