How to fill a gap behind a gas cooker top?

I've just replaced a slot-in gas cooker (flexible hose) and with the front lined-up with the cupboards on either side there's a 22mm gap at the back between the top and the tiled masonry wall. The cooker's a Cannon Lichfield.
I assume there's a standard non-flammable widget available to fill the gap, can someone enlighten me? (If not I guess I'll need to get a piece of s/s box or L section).
Dave S

How have other people solved this? Or is it more normal to push the cooker against the wall and have the front slightly inset?
Dave S

Mine's the right size - perhaps you should have got a different one!
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)

If the bayonet connector was fitted in the correct place this should allow the cooker to fit fully in to the wall