how to file a small recess in a ceramic sink?

The hole in my new sink is slightly too small and I need to file a small semicircle about 3mm on the edge of the hole for one of the tap bolts. Anyone know how to do this?

Martin

-- Martin J. Evans Wetherby, UK

Reply to
Martin Evans

Ohmigawd.

Something diamond ish for sure.

You need a small grinding wheel I'd say with diamiond in it - maybe tungsten carbide works too.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

IIRC its a ceramic sink?

Dremel with a diamond wheel? Or an abrasive tile saw? Or one of those abrasive tile files?

?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=15&searchText=tile+fileI think I've seen round ones in the Plasplugs range.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

have you considered filing the 'spigot' off the tap instead? could be easier...

Jon N

Reply to
jkn

It's not easy, believe me. You'll probably end up screwing the sink in the process. I speak from experience..ha ha.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Tsk! the things people do to get their rocks off.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I presume that the other tap fits? take the taps or the sink back as being faulty. you'll be there forever and a day trying to widen it.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

A hacksaw / coping saw with a tile blade in?

Reply to
Tim Morley