How to extend electricity cable?

Im trying to wire a light but the cable running from the cellar isnt quite long enough. I have a spare length to extend the wire, so I'd like to know the best way to do this. Are there cable joiners available, or should I just do a solder & heatshrink job?

Reply to
pb

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

You'd really be best off renewing the cable with a single length. You could use a junction box to join the cables, but that may be prone to failure, or dampness if in the cellar.

FE

Reply to
Frank Erskine