How to do a glue down with solid wood

Hi

I have solid wood flooring and a concrete subfloor. I don't want to use ply-sheets and a nail down as this will elevate the floor too much. Has anyone done a glue down on real wood floor. Can you only glue the groove and use the weight of the combined flooring to keep it from moving.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
SD

I used 20mm engineered t/g flooring (with oak face) laid loosely on top of an underfloor heating system (polypipe). It hasn't moved anywhere since it was laid. No nails, no glue either!

If you're putting it on top of concrete, make sure you put a visqueen dpm in between the two. I doubt it'll move once it's laid. If you're concerned, glue the joints.

HTH

Xav

Reply to
xavier

A friend recently had real wood planks layed on a concreate subfloor - no dpm & the planks were glued to the floor using parquet glue, not to each other. That was a couple of months ago & it still seems fine although a little "clicky" in some places. This was in a new house do there may not have been a need for a dpm.

Reply to
adder