How to deal with duff plastering work?

I've just had some plastering done as part of an extension and am not happy; it's rough in places and not level. The builder says his plasterer is good and there's not a problem. I'm tempted to say fix it or I'll bring-in someone else and deduct the cost from the overall bill

- but that would destroy any goodwill that's left. I can't be the first with this problem, how have other people dealt with it?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

same way you suggest, tell him the plasterer may be good but you aren't happy with the obvious defects. You want the plaster finish to be as good as the money you are paying - perfect. if he's not happy, tuff. he's the one that, by his actionshas intoroduced the pessible errosion of goodwill by attepting to have one over on you by allowing shoddy subbies on the job.

RT

Reply to
[news]

He would, wouldn't he?

But he's telling porkies. Any *good* plasterer will produce perfect surfaces that are perfectly true - especially on a new build. And should inform if this isn't possible on an older build without additional work.

I had a Victorian rear addition - originally two rooms - totally replastered to make a larger kitchen. And it's now tiled. And tiles show up walls that aren't flat and true, especially at the corners.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)