How to combine freesat & freeview distribution?

I did wonder why he had a pair of old 3D glasses in his tool box ;-).

Good tip, it should work well for that black and white situation. Now I need a solution for the fashion conscious youngster in the same boat that needs some occasional, "does this go with this" advice.

Reply to
fred

understand why they're needed.

The are probably tied together electrically, but there is a fair chance they are not actually earthed. This takes on particular importance where a switch is feeding multiple dwellings, and you want to avoid a electrical fault in a customer's equipment making the whole installation "live"

weld-it-together-like-a-battleship earthing arrangements?

Its surprisingly easy to get a good earth on a battleship ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Yep the multiswitch itself may well be double insulated, ie no earth connection at all. Even if isn't double insulated you are relying on the 1mm flex earth conductor and probably PCB tracks to allow suffcient earth current to flow to trip/blow any protection. The former probably won't the latter will protect the protection by vaporising first...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Do most aerial riggers consider that to be a fair assessment of the function they perform though?

Reply to
John Rumm

Far as I know they all are. Never seen one with an earth wire.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Yes try EMP Centauri see

latest model can use [cheaper] quad as well as quattro LNB's

combined with a Wave Frontier torroidal dish for multi satellite reception see: -

you say you will also need splitter face plates.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton