how to clean wardrobes.

I have some fitted wardrobes with white doors. I assume the doors are MDF which have been sprayed white??? We are redecorating, and as you can imagine they look bit grubby. Whats the best thing to use to clean them? TIA.

Reply to
rob

Paint. You want to ensure that it's compatible with the base coat, probably some sort of white oil-based paint would be good.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

We normally use washing soda crystals (any supermarket, and most general corner stores) in warm water (NOT caustic soda!!!!), and if they fail to shift things then progress onto sugar soap (DIY stores and decorator's merchants).

Washing soda crystals are one of the cheapest and most effective general cleaning agents we've come across...

-- Richard Sampson

RichardS

I'd start with warm water with a dash of washing up liquid. Shifts most stuff, washing soda would be the next to try though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Thanks y'all. Used sugar soap, which brought them up lovely. Would never buy white wardrobes again, though.

Reply to
rob