How to clean the cartridge filter on Wickes hoover

Anyone got any tips on the best way to clean the cartridge filter on a wickes wet or dry? Brushing it over the bin is horrible, putting it in a bin bag and giving it a good bang puts dust inside the filter. I'd like to avoid wet cleaning if poss, but... Am I missing anything obvious? Ta David

Reply to
David

Take to local petrol station & use their self service vac.

Reply to
David Lang

I don't think you can avoid it. What's the problem? Just hold it under a tap while you clear it out then let the element dry out.

BTW, are wet 'n' dry vacs exempt from that ridiculous EU power limit on hoovers?

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

cleaning a vacuum with another vacuum does seem a bit odd though. I think one of the biggest issues with cleaners at the moment is filters. they are in awkward to get at places, and get absolutely clogged in about three weeks from new. I don't know whether Dysan has sorted it with his oscillating micro nozzles or whatever, but lets hope they soon all get them if he has. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On a couple of Dysons that I had to 'maintain' in self defence to keep 'em 'working', I found that the filters would fit in various orifices that blew, so remove, stick in hole, quick blast, clouds of dust and job done.

Reply to
PeterC

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll give the self-service vac solution a go. When the current building hostilities come to a close, I'll try the rinsing - just no time for it to dry at the moment! Ta David

Reply to
David

/ - just no time for it to dry at the moment! Ta David /Q

Buy spares so one can be drying whilst you use another?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK