How to clean soffits/eaves?

Our house & next door neighbours are about 10 yrs old and have discoloured "mouldy" stains on the soffits/eaves (?is that right - the white boards under the roof).

Neighbour got someone to clean them using some special chemical, but I'd like to do ours myself - any ideas what the chemical is or how toget it?

cheers

Reply to
keith

The eaves is where the tiles end, the vertical bit under that is the fascia and the horizontal bit between the fascia and the wall is the soffit.

Hard to guess without knowing what they're made of and what the finish is.

Reply to
Rob Morley