how the fit garage door using GARADOOR spring box?

Hi

My garage door was jambing and I wrongly thought the problem was assaciated with the spring in the box above the door. Having undone the nuts to remove the lid of the long metal bos the springs jumped out. The tension needed to re-fit them means I shall have to drop the box to the floor to work on it. My problem is that I cannot see how to re-connect the lifting wires, as the only time the is a small amout of slcak in the wires is when the door is open. At this point about 18 inches of door is still inside the garage which means I cannot reach to re-connect the tensioning wire, HELP Please

alan

Reply to
<alan.metcaf

There are comprehensive fitting instructions and various Garador photos here

that , you could always contact the firm directly and ask them for advice

HTH

Reply to
Reteplav

Was the box across the top of the door,if so and you had to unbolt the cover then you have what is known as a reverse spring box very old and not worth the hassle to repair or put back together.Check with your nearest stockist for a replacement Gardors web site will help you there in finding one,although you may find them difficult to obtain as they are no longer manufactured.

If the spring was in a box down the side then they are even older and equally dangerous

Reply to
Alex