How the disabled are ripped off

Lemme quote those Ts & Cs... "any contract to sell and buy Products is made only between the Seller and Customer concerned and NOTHS is not a party to any such contract"

Some friends of mine have a web business with a monthly membership fee. They use a payment provider to handle all the payments. Your logic has the customer's only contract being with the payment provider, not the actual website. Don't be daft.

Really? Amazon themselves come to your house with the package?

I thought Amazon were the delivery company...? Yes, your contract is with Amazon, in that instance, and it is Amazon who are responsible for kicking the courier. But if you'd bought _through_ Amazon, your contract would be with the supplier, not Amazon, and it would be the supplier who would be responsible for kicking the courier, not Amazon.

Reply to
Adrian

As I said, that is in the terms and conditions between the site and the sellers. That makes it a business to business contract and you can put almost anything you like in one of those; businesses are assumed to be able to understand any contract they enter into. That does not, however, mean that consumer legislation will recognise the same terms exist between the site and a consumer ordering through that site.

Reply to
Nightjar

The specific example that I selected (based upon it being a good price for an item that I need)

said: "... delivery will be by XXX"

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Check the price of one resistor at Maplin. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and because potholes trigger deterioration

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes they would, people who could traditionally buy a house in their 20s now tend to wait until their 30s or 40s.

When houses are so expensive in terms of multiple of average salary its quite clear that demand has a profound effect.

You do realise immigrants live in houses as well and not in tents?

Reply to
Fredxxx

But what've "half a million foreigners coming in" got to do with the price of fish?

Apart from anything else, VERY few recent migrants will be buying properties.

For those coming from outside the EU - over half of all migrants - they quite simply can't get mortgages unless they have ILR - which few will have.

Few EU migrants will be able to easily get a mortgage, especially those who are coming here from accession countries, quite simply because they won't have a deposit and won't have a good enough credit rating or track record in the UK.

If anything, recent migrants are more likely to be living in larger households, sharing properties.

B'sides over half of all population growth in the UK is from the number of births outstripping the number of deaths.

Sure, there's a trickle-up effect, but let's not forget that the majority of migration is in to cities - which is where house prices are rising - and localised headcount increases don't change whether people are moving to London for a better job is doing so from Builth Wells or Bratislava or Benares.

There's plenty of perfectly good property in the UK under £100k still, and a lot of it's not selling.

Reply to
Adrian

That's his disability. The cause (age in this case) is irrelevant.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No retail overheads can justify the mark ups some of these people have. Other shops on the same high street don't need to do it; why do they?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

The disabled as a proportion of all air travellers is irrelevant. We were actually considering the proportion of disabled people who travel by air. You're getting a bit mixed up.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It would be unreasonable to expect a high street retailer to compete on cost with the internet. He does have the USP that he is there in town very convenient and easy. But that doesn't justify some of the mark-ups, which are really just opportunism.

I am a firm believer in the free market, but I think there should be some morality in business.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

If there are half the number of people in the country, then everyone has twice as much room, or if they're poor, they can buy a house that isn't twice as big.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

Only because we give them houses.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

"disabled as a proportion" is a similar commodity as "proportion of disabled people" in the context of "of all air travellers" or even "people who travel by air"

What exactly are you saying? I have never knowing flown in an aircraft who needed that level of assistance.

Reply to
Fredxxx

So do speedbumps.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

And not speedbumps?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

The selling off of council houses (and not replacing them) had the side effect of pushing up private rents. Making buy to rent more profitable. Thus pushing up house prices. And, of course demand exceeding supply in some areas. Where new house completion per year is a lower number than many many years ago, despite a larger population and more single person housholds. But let's just blame it on immigrants. Nothing new there.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Check it all you want, it will be out of stock:-)

Reply to
ARW

Speed bumps? What a stupid name. They cause you to slow down.

Reply to
ARW

Yeah right, that's why small businesses go bankrupt easily.

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265