"How not to" photographs

I posted a month or so about the site I have started. The aim of which is to collect examples of how not to do DIY. Since I last posted, I've added a few more pictures that have been sent in.

Most of the photographs are electrics - but there are examples from other trades too.

I'm always interested in new submissions, so if you have any pictures you'd like to contribute, I'd be pleased to hear from you.

The url is

David

I loved the pics...I'll be back to see the updates :-) Jim

Reply to
Jim Reaper

Still quite tame compared to "wiring" that I saw in rural China over ten years ago. I expect it is no better now probably worse, at that time lighting, TV and rice cooker was about the only thing most homes used electic for.

What I found annoying baout the site was that you have this long list of things but quite a number all link back to the same set of images. No duplicate links please.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Really not keen on the horrible scriptified menu on the left though :-/

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Point taken - removed :)

I've changed this last night. There is now a rather better, simpler menu there now. I quite liked the scriptified one for a few days, but it grated on me too to be honest.

Reply to
David

Now the big question... am I man enough to admit / submit photos of some of my disasters !

(i`ll think on it...)

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Do it. It takes a strong man to admit that he's not perfect!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

The spam is

etc

Youd get far more if you asked for pro bodges. Your site contains lots of them, even tho you describe it as dodgy diy. A bit misrepresentative.

To be honest david I cant see a lot of people giving you fodder for your anti-diy site, but there might be one slow enough.

NT

Reply to
bigcat

I`ll start with a gentle text primer...

Floorboards taken up and chopped away from the joist, no support put in to stop the damn board bouncing when you walk on it. Several of these :-}

Cables chased in walls still not plastered about 5 years later...

Lintel above back door still not plastered (I did try once, but it looked worse than the _unplastered_ version - it went in about 15 years ago...

Stone circle laid in garden - builder let me down, so I had a go myself - no foundations / stone / sand involved - laid direct onto "mostly" level clay soil

Reply to
Colin Wilson

Hmm. That IS a valid confession to prove your strength ...

if you're talking about unfinished jobs - not sure they count. We all have those. Don't we?

LOL! That could be said to be sculptural ... or archaeological :-)

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Reply to