How not to install fence panels

In twenty years time when the ivy has grown... They vary a bit but it's not a fast growing plant.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I am only giving the fence 3 months.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Mile-a-minute creeper would do the job in short order. Mind you I'd prefer a bit of patience and plant Pyracanthus

Reply to
cynic

Please stop posting these pictures, they make me feel ill. I know they're of something awful, but I just have to look although I know I shouldn't.

OTOH, they are a dire warning and also reassuring as most of us (all of us?) know we can do better.

Sorry you have to see such a sight so close to your house. Any chance of picture of that so we can tell how good *you* are? :-)

Reply to
Peter Twydell

I'd give the builders 3 months with no remission.

Weird, but I could swear I've delivered leaflets to that house. Must be a standard garden layout for CH estates.

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

Russian Vine is better - pretty white flowers as well.

Reply to
Alan

My fence is the one at the back of his fence

at the very back of the photo are 4 posts I have installed for another fence. Once YE finish with the new 11kV cables at the other side of those posts I can build up some panels (YE want to use a digger from my path). The timber costs me about £13 per panel, then say £2 for the screws so £15 a panel and with an electric screwdriver it takes no more than 30 minutes to build a panel.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Bah, his posts are straight and it's your fence that's off! ;-)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

That's a relief!

Your posts appear to be the few things that look vertical in that area.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

Did you offer any advise Adam?

OT. You are well served by buses.

Baz

Reply to
Baz

He never asked. The posts and panels were installed whilst I was at work. And why interfere when you can take the piss instead?

And here is the finished fence (sorry Peter another photo, but it is the last one until the fence falls over)

OT. You are well served by buses.

We would be well served if there was a bus stop on the street. It cannot be a profitable route as they hit 3 parked cars a year.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 17:10:22 -0000, "ARWadsworth" gently dipped his quill in the best Quink that money could buy:

In that pic ... your outside light is on :-(

Mike P the 1st

Reply to
Mike P the 1st

Must admit, that fence is bloody hilarious. They must be so proud. Heath Robinson is alive and well.

Reply to
brass monkey