How much NOx, particulates, etc. comes from a Zafira?

Just wondering what the environmental impact of burning out a Zafira is likely to be. Would it be more or less than the difference between what is declared for a broadly equivalent VAG vehicle and what it actually emits?

Reply to
polygonum

Don't know, but both GM trucks and BMWs have some record of elecrical fan motor fires.

Reply to
Capitol

Haha. Zafira? Apparently you should be more worried about them bursting into flames.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Whoosh.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Is that what a Zafira sounds like when it bursts into flames? :-)

Reply to
polygonum

En el artículo , Bob Eager escribió:

Indeed. The OP was nice and subtle :)

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , polygonum escribió:

Best thing for them. Horrid cars. They're probably self-immolating out of shame.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I wonder where they get these stupid names for cars these days?

Reply to
harry

The dictionary of meaningless words in any language.

Reply to
Michael Chare

En el artículo , Michael Chare escribió:

They try and choose words which will be acceptable in any language.

Vauxhall f***ed up when they came up with Nova, which means "won't go" in Spanish. That's the kind of pratfall they want to avoid. That and building s**te like the Zafira.

I quite like Seat's practice of using the names of Spanish cities.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

They were going to call one model of Rolls Royce the "Silver Mist". 'Til someone pointed out that Mist = Shit in German

Reply to
harry

Zafira is a victor. Names so very often are like wheels and just go round and round.

Reply to
polygonum

Except, of course, the car that was called the Vauxhall Nova in the UK was called the Opel Corsa in Spain. And in every single country it was sold in apart from the UK (and Australia, where it was the Holden Barina)

If you want to laugh at GM for using "Nova", then the 1962 Chevrolet Nova might be a better starting point.

Except, of course, the whole story's a load of bollocks.

Adrian

In AOL style, Mii too?

Reply to
polygonum

Well, quite.

And who'd like to be the first to tell 'im that neither Ibiza or Alhambra are cities? Or Inca. Or Terra. Or...

Reply to
Adrian

The most interesting question is why the plastics are not self extinguishing as is required for goods used in the home or office. IIRC our plastic mouldings had to self extinguish in less than a minute.

Reply to
Capitol

Odd they named a vehicle after a theatre in Bradford.

Reply to
polygonum

En el artículo , Adrian escribió:

León, Córdoba, Málaga, Ibiza, Marbella, Toledo... need I go on?

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson