How Much Is Your Gas Bill

Not really, unless you leave the doors and windows open, or live where it's extremely cold. The indoor temperatures you mention aren't excessive, either. Have you got a leak, or a meter prob.?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

In message , Set Square writes

I'm also wondering how long the OP has been in the house. I have heard of cases of people with pre-payment meters paying over the odds as the meter was set to charge a higher amount because the previous user had got into debt and was paying it off.

Reply to
chris French

It also sounds as if it has been set to pay off arrears.

Reply to
John Cartmell

Sounds alot to me. I have a 4 bedroom detached, heated by a 17-year old boiler and I pay £35 a month (and I still run up a large surplus every year).

My electric is almost £100 a month however...mostly because no one else in the house seems to know how to turn of televisions, lights, computers, etc when they aren't being used!

Reply to
Steve Pearce

Thanks for that, cos it was going to be a question from me :-)

We have a power shower and I usually set the boiler temp so that with the shower control vertical, we get a comfortable shower, but this winter I have left the boiler temp on its summer setting.

Dave

Reply to
Dave