How much is a pair of glasses?

I've failed to find a monocle for a reasonable price. And it's hard to google past the costume/joke ones.

It's only a magnifying glass, FFS. Why should it be £200?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Daniel Cullen does them for £45 upwards.

You're right...they are hard to find.

Reply to
Bob Eager

This is DIY - there's an obvious way of having 2-for-1!

Reply to
PeterC

I did actually try that...not very successful! It was when I had a leda patch over the eye with the radioactive disc in it...I wanted to read but glasses wouldn't fit.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've tried. The lenses in pound-shop glasses aren't big enough for me to use as a monocle. But if I can get two lenses for a quid, why does it need to be 45 for one slightly bigger one?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Late to the party, sorry, but you may find this interesting:

A US perspective and pricing, but the story's the same here.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee

Do you really believe that someone in specsavers/vision/express/boots/asda etc. uses any more information than written on the prescription + pupil distance to prepare your glasses.

Reply to
alan

Probably not, but my optician, and all good ones, do.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Even Tesco sorted out a c*ck-up with the lenses and fitted the frames to me.

Reply to
PeterC

and, with varifocals it is also a matter of where the lenses sit in relation to your eyes.. I once had them supplied so that I had to bend my hesd forward to get the proper distance vision.

Reply to
charles

I have my new lenses fitted to my existing frame.

Reply to
charles