*How* much?

Briggs & Stratton want £2.52 for a single roll pin.

Out of the scabby plastic starter pinion engagement mechanism on their crappy mower engines.

So I bought 120 for £3.99 on eBay.

Reply to
Huge

Obviously, out of context £2.52 is silly for a single roll pin, but I would expect at that price they would actually not cover their costs processing the order if it was only the one roll pin that you were ordering.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That should keep you going for a while!

Reply to
orion.osiris

Oh, the executor of my will is going to hate me, as they tip all this stuff into a skip. Since it's frequently cheaper to buy a big box of stuff from a wholesaler than 3 of them in a poly bag from the local DIY shed, I have quite a lot of this kind of thing.

Reply to
Huge

Instead of a wake you should invite us all to come and scrounge!

Reply to
newshound

How many do you actually *need*? What is the failure rate?

Reply to
Tim Streater

So sell the remaining in lots of 10 for £2 on ebay. :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Quite. I wanted a few brass dimmer knobs. Was cheaper to buy 100 off Ebay than the correct quantity. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Damn.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Now bag them up in units of 10 for £2.99 and sell on eBay.

Reply to
Steve Firth

If I ever need another one, I shall have justified the purchase.

Reply to
Huge

I'd rather have the time, thanks.

Reply to