How many madmen does it take to change a light bulb;?..

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gglz.com scribeth thus

Now what happens to a piss in the wind;?...

Reply to
tony sayer

In message , tony sayer writes

A friend of mine flew gliders, he had a pipe with a funnel on top that fed "fluid" to the outside world. I used to enjoy watching gliders fly overhead, not so sure now though!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Bill

It would have come down as a mist many feet away from him :-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Now what do you call that tube that sticks up into an airflow and sucks up fluids?

Air flow > | | \ | \ | \ | | | | | |

I hope this works

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Venturi?

Reply to
Clive George

Just ... don't look down

Reply to
geoff

In message , tony sayer writes

Just brought to mind that photo of lunch on the girder

Reply to
geoff

"Er Doris, did the weather forecast say rain today?"

Reply to
geoff

In message , Dave writes

No - that's "number twos" in german

... which is why Cussons "Irisher Mist" didn't take the market by storm over there

Reply to
geoff

In message , Bill writes

Reply to
geoff

Gone again :-(

Reply to
Mark

Back again!

can see this coming back to haunt the guy.

I wonder if youtube can put a permanent block on people uploading a particular video? I assume there must be a way of automatically detecting it. May not be in their interests though?

Reply to
Bill

It is also at

?v=YnxtTEhx2uI&feature=related
?v=uccjrp5NRYE&feature=relatedI suppose that if it is uploaded as an unlisted video then it would not be found out and therefore removed.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

If it is the same video then I would expect it to be pretty easy to detect identical copies by running a hash function on each video that is uploaded. Identical hashes mean identical content so they could pull the plug on multiples just like that. However, edit one frame from the end (or modify one bit of one byte) and it will have a different hash value so that one would be ok for a while. I'd expect youtube to already be running hashes on their uploads under pressure from the heavyweight copyright owners.

That said I do sympathise with the guy who is getting nervous at the attention, I'd probably respect his take down request and not put it up again.

Reply to
fred

But it was taken down for "copyright" reasons. I'd like to know who is losing out from youtube hosting this clip.

Reply to
Mark

In article , fred scribeth thus

Well FWIW on other broadcast ENG sites its thrown up an industry wide problem with some rather dubious practices like this which others are doing and putting themselves at severe risk. Course thats what happens on some jobs where things get subbed out further and further ;!..

Reply to
tony sayer

Onetap

I think they said it had guy wires! ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Certainly for the bloke climbing below you!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup having now seen the original - I can confirm that was not it!

Reply to
John Rumm