How many coats of oil should you put on a new solid wood worktop?

We've just installed one in our new kitchen. We put 2 coats on before the appliances and sink were fitted. It's a Junckers worktop and we used Junckers oil. The kitchen fitter thought 2 coats was sufficient. I don't want to add any more coats if not neccessary as I want to keep the colour as light as possible. Any ideas? How frequently should we re-oil the worktop?

Reply to
DIY Novice

Once a day for a week, once a week for a month, once a month for a year, once a year for life

Anna

~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

Thought that was sex after marriage, Anna :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher