How long to leave new concrete before self levelling?

We have a sloping uneven floor, I've levelled it up as best poss with concrete but would like to finish it off with self levelling compound.

I've had a read on concrete drying times and unsure how long to leave it?

Reply to
R D S

It's inside, currently unheated, directly on top of an existing solid floor, thickness ranging from 0 to about 3 inch.

I'm thinking about keeping rewetting it and giving it about a week.

Reply to
R D S

Ideally, it needs a week to cure. During that time it only needs to be dam p - not wet (although you may need to wet it to keep it damp iyswim.)

Once it has cured, it needs some time to dry out. (But you may be able to do that after applying the self levelling compound.) The rule of thumb is one month per inch, or one day per mm. At that point you may want to bring in a dehumidifier to speed up the drying.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

You may need to read a bit more then :-) concrete does not dry ... it hardens by curing ... it actually requires water to set hard. Whenever I lay concrete I sprinkle water on top each day for first week to keep it wet ... after that it can dry out.

Around a month per inch 1" before putting on any non-permeable surface.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Yeah I did read that.

Gets drier though, dunnit?